French Dips with Reader Ginny

Friends! Readers! I've missed you all.

I hope you're well and know that I think of you often.

I've had a good summer, a little busier than anticipated, but delightful over all. Making it very delightful was a visit from a reader, the darling Ginny, from Nevada!

We spent a few busy and happy hours running around downtown together. First we ate French Dips at Philippe's, where the French Dip was said to have been invented over a century ago.

Then we walked through Olvera Street, one of LA's oldest quarters, and we toured the Avila Adobe, the oldest standing house in Los Angeles.

A stop by the historic Chinatown Plaza meant we threw a few coins in the famous luck fountain, and we finished our visit at San Antonio Winery, an actual winery in the middle of downtown LA.

I loved spending time together, Ginny!

And lookie-lookie, everyone, at the gorgeous wreath she made using the Wilfair-Fairwil team colors! Isn't it adorable? It now hangs in my office, and when I see its shiny orange and teal colors I think both of a certain hotel and motel I know and my day in LA with the wonderful Ms. Ginny.

I love the word "Home" on it, too. As Gomery Overbove says in the books, "Home is as wide as we want it to be."

And as deep.




 
Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Tips